Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Teaching and Learning Librarian
This guide contains two types of tutorials:
- Step-by-Step Tutorials which cover:
- specific topics related to using the libraries
- setting up accounts
- searching the library catalog and subject specific databases
- academic integrity and citation management tools.
- Getting Started with Research Tutorials which cover introduction to information literacy concepts such as:
- choosing a research topic
- developing a search strategy
- scholarly and popular sources
- peer review
- evaluating sources for credibility
If you have questions about any of these tutorials or are looking for a tutorial topic that isn't included here, contact Melissa Gomis (email@example.com).
Library Modules in Canvas Commons
Each of the tutorials found in these modules can be customized for a specific course or program and/or imported into a Canvas course.
Adding a module to your Canvas course
The following modules are available in the UNL Canvas Commons:
- UNL Libraries: Creating and Using Library Accounts
- UNL Libraries: Basic Research Skills
- UNL Libraries: Orientation
- UNL Libraries: Evaluating Sources
- UNL LIbraries: Annotated Bibliographies
- Open up Canvas and select the Canvas Commons icon in your navigation menu.
- Enter "unl libraries" into the search box and select the module you are interested in adding.
- The module detail page contains a Note for Instructors, which provides some context. You may also preview the module content before importing it into your course.
- Click Import and select the course you want the module copied into.
- The module is now available in your course site.
- After adding a module to your course consider adding course or assignment specific information.