Skip to main content
Univeristy of Nebraska-LincolnDR Access Options
Researchers have three options for access to datasets deposited in University of Nebraska-LincolnDR:
- Public: Dataset is discoverable through University of Nebraska-LincolnDR and the Libraries' catalog and is accessible to everyone. Dataset will be provided with a unique DOI, a permanent identifier that can be used for access and citation purposes.
- Private: Dataset will be preserved, but will only be accessible to Libraries staff. The researcher depositing the data can request access if needed.
- Public with embargo: Dataset is inaccessible for a given amount of time (generally two years), after which data will be publicly available, as well as discoverable through University of Nebraska-LincolnDR and the Libraries' catalog. Dataset will be provided with a unique DOI, a permanent identifier that can be used for access and citation purposes.
Currently, there is no option for restricted access, i.e. allowing only certain individuals to view a dataset.
The retention length dictates the amount of time the Libraries will commit to preserving and maintaining your data. Researchers have two options:
- 5 year retention: The data will be managed for a five-year period and then deleted. This may be a good option for timely research, or for researchers who need to preserve data for a short time in case it is required to validate a published result.
- Longterm retention: Dataset will be preserved for a minimum of 20 years, with the intent to maintain it indefinitely.
318 Love Library
P.O. Box 884100
University of Nebraska-Lincoln
Lincoln, NE 68588-4100
(This address is located at 13th & R Streets in Lincoln, Nebraska.)